9. Plenty of sleep. That's right. No writing past ten 'o clock at night or before six AM. Period.
8. Zero distractions. Which means of course you will have to rent your children out for a while.
7. Give up your dazzling social life.
6. Glue. You will at some point have to glue your fingers to your keyboard. Otherwise, you will give up. Trust me. (I don't recommend super glue.)
5. Time outs. This could include ski days, spa days or mind-numbing television. When your brain shuts down, give it a rest. (I recommend a damp, warm cloth to get your fingers off the keyboard.)
4. A maid. Self explanatory.
3. Focus. No, you can't take your characters on diverted paths so forget about it.
2. Did I mention chocolate?
1. And the number one thing you need when you have to write a book in 60 days is...a scheduled visit to your local insane asylum when it's all over.
Okay, I'm exaggerating, but not by much. And I'm half way through the revised edition of my current WIP. Woohoo! Okay, enough of this blogging stuff--back to writing novels.